[BLACK LABEL] Green Tea Sencha Genmaicha Blend 70g
- Sourced from micro tea estates.
- Only organic, non-sprayed botanical used
- Free from additives, including flavourings, extracts and colourings.
A traditional green tea blend of sencha green tea, sourced from Kagoshima , Japan, and house-toasted brown rice and wattleseeds. Sweet, nutty frontnote with a light green tea backnote.
Genmaicha is a "household" green tea that is a blend of sencha and roasted rice. Famous for its soft nuttiness that pairs well with fresh green notes of green tea, this tea is drunk as an every-day green tea.
Genmaicha has a profile of roasted (almost sweet) nuttiness from the toasted rice, follow by a fresh, foresty green tea backnote. This tea has a robust aroma with a very gentle taste. Suitable to drink throughout the day and as a good meal pairing tea.
Just make sure to brew it at a lower temperature (see brew instructions below)
Country of Origin: Japan (green tea), Brown Rice, Wattleseeds
Harvest Period: Early March 2021 (Spring)
- Use 1 teaspoon per cup (220mL).
- 70 Celsius water (fill kettle half-way, boil, then top with tap water).
- Allow to steep for 1 - 1.5 mins the first brew, then subsequently 3-4 mins each time.
- This tea can be brewed 2-3 times.
25 - 30 cups (of first infusions)
FREE Shipping Over $40